- Does the CAB Bill affect Indians(Hindus, Muslims, anyone)?
Ans. No. It has nothing to do with any Indian citizen in any way
- Whom does it apply to?
Ans. _People fulfilling following 2 criteria.. Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists & Christians from 3 countries, who are facing religious persecution in those countries AND who are already in India before 1st Dec 2014.
- Which 3 countries?
Ans. Pakistan, Bangladesh & Afghanistan
- In what way does it benefit Hindus, Sikhs, Jains & Christians from these 3 countries?
Ans. Their residency requirement has been reduced from 11 to 5 years. And they can claim citizenship as a RIGHT under this law.which means no officer can reject or delay it.
- Can Muslims from these 3 countries get Indian citizenship?
Ans. Yes, as before . They will go through the usual process of acquiring citizenship through naturalization rules….11 years of residence etc.
- Will muslims illegal immigrants from these 3 countries be automatically deported under this bill?
Ans. No. The usual process applies. Their application for naturalization may or may not be granted depending on their eligibility
- Can Hindus facing persecution in other countries apply under this section?
- Does this bill apply to other forms of persecution – Political, racial, sexual etc?
Ans. No. The bill is very specific in its intend – …religious persecution…in 3 countries
- Why only these 3 countries ? And why only religious persecution ?
Ans. _It is our moral duty to provide a home to people left stranded in these countries due to partition of British India on basis of religion, These 3 countries were erstwhile British India and recently have a track record of pervasive, systematic & institutionalized persecution on basis of religion. Almost 20 million Hindus are staying in refugee camps in India for more than 30-40 years denied citizenship by Indian govt . Afghanistan is specially added because talibani from Pakistan are raiding Afghan villages targeting non Muslims . These persecuted ones have came to India for shelter.
- What about SriLankan tamils?
Ans. _(1) Though there are 5 million Hindu refugee from Sri Lanka, they are here due to civil war and not due to religious persecution..(2) They can apply for citizenship through naturalisation process..
- Doesn’t India have an obligation under the UN to take care of refugees?
Ans. Yes it does. And it is not shying away from it. But it has no obligation to offer citizenship. Each country has its own rules for naturalization. India is not going to turn away other refugees under this law. It will play host to them under UN rules, in the implicit expectation that some day they will return to their homelands when the conditions improve. But in the case of Hindus from these 3 countries, this law acknowledges the reality that the environment of persecution in these 3 countries is never going to improve
- Why shouldn’t Baluchis, Ahmediyas in Pakistan, Rohingayas in Myanmar not be considered for this kindness?
Ans. _ They will be considered under the existing laws. Not under the special category_
If you have any more doubts or Questions Regarding This.. Comment Below
If u are like to say anything different from these Answers share ur view regarding this..