How to fill JEE Main Application Form 2020?
Documents required for JEE Main Application Form 2020
Candidates should also keep the following ready:
- Class 10th and 12th academic details
- Aadhaar Card or Aadhaar Enrollment Number
- Scanned images of passport, voter ID or any valid Govt ID
- Valid email ID and Mobile Number
- Credit/Debit/Net banking details if the fee is paid online
JEE Main Application Form 2020 – Step by step process
Before filling JEE Main application forms, candidates should ensure that they have all the documents needed to fill the application form along with their debit/credit cards that are required to pay the application fees.
Step 1: Register for JEE Main 2020
The registration process for JEE Main comprises the below-mentioned steps.Interested candidates, before filling the application form, should ensure that they meet the JEE Main eligibility criteria.
Fresh candidates applying for JEE Main 2020 need to register on the official website of the exam. Already registered candidates are not required to register on the website. Such candidates can sign-in to JEE Main’s official website with their old credentials.
Step 2: Fill the online application form
Next, aspirants need to fill their personal, academic and contact details in the JEE Main application form and note down system generated application number. They also have to create a password which will be used for future logins. Below are the details that the candidates should fill in the application form.
- Exam – Choice of paper – B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning. Candidates must also select the preference of exam language in which they want to appear
- Personal – Here candidates have to provide name, category, father’s and mother’s name etc.
- Academic – Give details about class X and XII qualifying examination
- Communication – Candidates have to provide their residential and correspondence details.
- Guardian Details – Provide details about parents/guardian’s occupation, qualification and total annual income among others.
- Preferred exam cities – Candidates have select 4 cities as per preference for JEE Main 2020
Step 3: Upload scanned documents
At this step, aspirants are required to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the specifications prescribed (as mentioned in the above table).
Before filling JEE Main 2020 application forms, candidates should have a scanned image of his/her recent photograph and signature. These scanned images are to be uploaded during the submission of application form. Here are some important details that candidates should remember before uploading the scanned photograph and signature.
- The photograph should be coloured or black/white (but clear contrast) with the name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph printed on it
- The photograph should not have the candidate wearing a cap or sunglasses
- Spectacles are allowed
- Polaroid photos are not acceptable
- Candidates with an unclear photograph will be rejected
- Candidates are advised to reserve 6-8 identical photographs for all future purposes including the seat allocation and admission process
Specifications of documents to be uploaded:
|Documents to be kept ready for JEE Main Registration||File Size||Dimension|
|Photograph of the candidate in which his/ her name and date of the photograph must be mentioned beneath the photo in JPG/JPEG format||10 KB to 200KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature of the candidate in JPG/JPEG format||4KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Step 4: Pay the JEE Main 2020 application fees
- The candidates can pay the application fees in online mode only
- Online payment mode – Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/Paytm/UPI
JEE Main 2020 application fee (For examination centres in India)
|B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||Rs 650 (Boys)Rs 325 (Girls)||Rs 325 (Boys)Rs 325 (Girls)|
|B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||Rs 1300 (Boys)Rs 650 (Girls)||Rs 650 (Boys)Rs 650 (Girls)|
JEE Main 2020 application fee (For examination centre opted abroad)
|Paper (s) Appearing||General/OBC/EWS||SC/ST/PWD/Transgender|
|B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||Rs 3000 (Boys)Rs 1500 (Girls)||Rs 1500 (Boys)Rs 1500 (Girls)|
|B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||Rs 6000 (Boys)Rs 3000 (Girls)||Rs 3000 (Boys)Rs 3000 (Girls)|
Step 5: Print the confirmation page
The last step is to take four printouts of the confirmation page, after successful payment of JEE Main 2020 application fees. Candidates must keep this acknowledgement page till the admission process is over. This is how the JEE Main 2020 January exam confirmation page will look like:
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction Window
National Testing Agency (NTA) has closed JEE Main 2020 application correction facility on October 20. During this period candidates could edit/change/update particulars in JEE Main 2020 application form. Candidates were required to enter their application number and password on the JEE Main login window. Below are some of the details that the candidates must keep in mind before editing their application form.
JEE Main application form correction: How to make edits?
- Visit the official website of JEE Main 2020
- Navigate and hit the ‘tab
- Enter your Application Number, Password, Security Pin (displayed on the screen)
- Click the ‘Login’ button
- Click on ‘Manage Form Particulars Correction’ to edit and make changes
- Read the instructions carefully
- Edit the information and make the changes
- Pay an additional fee if required
- The additional fee (wherever applicable) must be paid by the candidate concerned either through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI and PAYTM
- Please note that incomplete and incorrect JEE Main 2020 forms will be rejected. Thus, candidates are advised to use this facility wisely. In case of any discrepancy, students can correct the same before the last date
Details you can edit using JEE Main 2020 correction window
- Aadhaar number
- Date of Birth
- Communication address
- Contact number
Details you cannot edit using JEE Main 2020 Correction window
- Exam city
- Examination mode
Documents to preserve after submitting JEE Main 2020 application form
Once JEE Main registration process is over, listed below are the documents candidates need to preserve:
- JEE Main registration confirmation mail and print out of the same
- JEE Main admit card 2020 issued by NTA and downloaded from the official website
- Few passport size photographs, same as used while filling JEE Main application form
How to check JEE Main application form status?
NTA will provide candidates with an option to check their progress related to JEE Main application form on the official website. The “Application Form Progress” feature will be available on the left corner of the JEE Main application window. Aspirants will be able to check their status for the below-mentioned states of the application process:
- View Application Form
- View Scanned Images
- View Payment Status
- Payment Status
JEE Main Common Service Centres (CSCs)
Candidates who are not well-versed with the online process of filling JEE Main application forms can take the help of Common Service Centres set up by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is using the services of 1.5 lakh Common Service Centres, to help students from urban as well as rural areas, fill JEE Main application form, pay the fees, upload documents, download admit card and more by charging a nominal fee + GST.
The Common Service Centres will provide the listed below services at the charges mentioned against each service:
|Services||Service Charges per transaction (GST applicable @ 18%)|
|Preparing e-mail, submission of the application form & take a printout till fee payment (including uploading of scanned images )||Rs. 25/-+GST|
|Uploading of scanned images only||Rs. 10/-+GST|
|Online payment of fee||Rs. 0.5% of Fee +GST|
|Downloading of admit card/ OMR answer sheet/Answer key||Rs. 10+GST|
|Online claim form responses/ answer key||Rs. 25+GST|
|Printout per page||Rs. 5+GST|
What after JEE Main 2020 Application Form?
Candidates who successfully apply for JEE Main 2020 January Session, will be able to download JEE Main admit card 2020. It is one of the most important documents to be carried to the test centre. Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to take the exam.
FAQs related to JEE Main 2020 application form
Q. When will NTA release JEE Main application forms 2020?
A. The registration process for JEE Main 2020 January session has commenced from September 3.
Q. Has the application fee changed for JEE Main 2020?
A. Yes, the application fee has been increased for JEE Main 2020 registration. Check the application fee above.
Q. Will the application form of JEE Main be available online?
A. Yes. JEE Main application form was available in online mode on the official website of the exam.
Q. Has NTA changed the payment mode?
A. Yes, NTA has changed the payment mode. This year candidates can pay the application fee through credit/debit/net banking/UPI/Paytm. No offline modes are available.
Q. What to do in case If I forget my JEE Main 2020 login password?
A. If candidates forget their login password during JEE Main registration process, they need to follow the steps given below:
- Answer the security questions during the registration process of JEE Main to reset the password
- Upon answering the security question, you will receive a verification code on your registered mobile number and a reset link on their email id
- Submit this verification code to reset the password
Q. What to do in case you forget your JEE Main 2020 application number?
- Visit the official website of JEE Main
- Navigate to the ‘Login’ Tab
- Select “I cannot access my account?”
- Next, select “I forgot my JEE Main application number” option
- Enter details like Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, State of Eligibility and Security Pin
- Filling the above details, candidates will receive the application number
Q. Can I edit my JEE Main registration form after finally submitting it?
A. Yes. NTA allows candidates to make edits to their already submitted application forms.
Q. What is the last date to register for JEE Main?
A. The JEE Main 2020 registrations has ended till October 10.
Q. Is Aadhaar card compulsory to register for JEE Main 2020?
A. No. Candidates were allowed to register for JEE Main using their aadhaar card number, passport number, ration card number, bank account, any other valid Govt. identity number.